- Humans: The only omnivorous heterotrophs in the animal kingdom who can actually choose to be exclusively herbivorous but still mostly prefer prey with verifiable sentience and nerve endings.
- Humans: The only species in the animal kingdom with the cognitive faculties to create and undo artificial climate destabilization that can threaten their own existence (along with almost everyone else's) but prefers not to undo it until it's too late.
- Humans: The only species with the capacity to create technology that can take care of the baseline needs of all of its own kind with little or no non-artificial labor or ecological degradation required and still prefers the shine of artificial scarcity, eco-genocide, and inefficiency known as the market system.
- Humans: The only species known to have the concepts of religion and atheism and the capacity to abandon empathy for either concept even though neither concept's doctrine is 100% fact-checked.
- Humans: The only species that can create medicine and deny it to those most in need of it on the basis of "mine, not yours".
- Humans: The only primate that violently competes across continents for the same plentiful resources.
- Humans: The only species with the ability to artificially abort the lives of their unborn, argue over it, and the ability to create a social habitat where millions grow up wishing they'd been aborted.
- Humans: The only species known to have written languages and known to have a majority of its non-blind young adults unwilling to properly read or use them.
I think that people are constantly thinking about capturing things that they’re not actually present for the moment they’re trying to capture. I’m quite sure of this. I think it’s insane how many pictures have to be taken these days. We have to realize there’s a level of documentation that’s just chatter, it’s noise, and beyond that, people who are trulydocumenting are going to have to find a way to puncture that.